Are you thinking of living in Harrison, NY? Harrison, NY is a town in Westchester County with a population of approximately 27,000 people. It is located approximately 38 minutes from Grand Central Terminal in New York via Metro North. A majority of households are family households with approximately 30.5% of the population under 19 years old. The median income is $107,344 with 58% dual income households.
Harrison, NY: Household Data
- Population approximately 27,000
- Families-74.3% family households with average family size of 3.24
- Kids-30.5% of population under 18 years old
- Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers- 3.9% under 5 years old
- Median Age 35.3 years old
- White 80.7%, Hispanic 12.8%, Asian 7.6%, African American 4.5%
Harrison, NY: Employment
- 42% Stay at Home Moms vs. 58% Working Moms *
- Work in Westchester County 56.4%, Work in NY (outside Westchester County) 37.4%, Work outside NY state 6.2%
- $107,344 Median Household Income
- 25.7% Sales and office occupations, 24.5% Management, Business and Financial Occupations
Harrison, NY: Schools and Buses
- Harrison Central district school serves SJ Preston Elementary school, Purchase Elementary School, Parson Memorial Elementary school, Harrison Avenue Elementary School, Louis M. Klein Middle School and Harrison High School.
- School bus is available for all Harrison Central District schools. Elementary school students who live more than 1/2 mile and Middle School/High School students who live more than 1 mile are eligible for the school bus.
- Transportation to private schools are provided to Elementary school students who live more than 1/2 mile and Middle School/High School students who live more than 1 mile from their school up to 15 miles. Applications for private school transportation must be received by April 1st.
Harrison, NY: Housing
- 39.6% own 2 cars and 22% own 3 or more cars
- 65.3% owner occupied housing and 34.7% renter occupied housing
Harrison, NY: Metro North Train Commute to NYC
- Harrison to Grand Central is 38 minutes
Harrison, NY: Train Station Parking
Harrison train station parking permit is available only to Town/Village of Harrison residents. There is a waitlist of approximately 2 years for the parking permit. There are daily parking spaces available. If you are parking in the southbound side, you will have to go to the Clerk’s office and purchase a daily pass for $3.00. Only residents can purchase daily passes. If you are parking in the northbound side there are meter parking available at $4.75 for 16 hours or $7.50 for 24 hours.
Harrison, NY: Taxes
*Population 20-64 years old, female with children under 18 Years old
Source: 2016 American Community Survey and 2010 Census. Data for Town of Harrison which includes Purchase.