Thinking of living in Larchmont, NY? Larchmont, NY is located in Westchester County which is a suburb of New York City with approximately 5,800 people. Like most NYC suburbs, a majority of households are family households with approximately 33% of the population under 19 years old with 10% of the population under 5 years of age. The median income is $152,483. Majority of the households are dual income households with only 15.8% stay at home moms.
Larchmont, NY: Household Data
- Population approximately 5,800
- Families-73.3% family households with average family size of 3.34
- Kids-33.3% of population under 19 years old
- Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers- 10.6% under 5 years old
- Median Age 44.2 years old
- White 87.4%, Hispanic 10.1%, Asian 3.4%, African American 1.8%
Larchmont, NY: Employment
- 15.8% Stay at Home Moms vs. 84.2% Working Moms *
- Work in Westchester County 34.4%, Work in NY (outside Westchester County) 57.1%, Work outside NY state 8.5%
- $152,483 Median Household Income
- 33.3% Management, Business and Financial Occupations
Larchmont, NY: Schools and Buses
Larchmont residents districted to attend Mamaroneck School District schools. The Mamaroneck School district has approximately 5,300 students from the Village of Larchmont, Village of Mamaroneck and Town of Mamaroneck. The Elementary schools are Central School, Chatsworth Avenue School, Mamaroneck Avenue School and Murray Avenue School. Then students move up to Hommocks Middle School and Mamaroneck High School.
School bus transportation is available for students attending Mamaroneck School district who live more than 2 miles for K-8th grade students and more than 3 miles for High School students. Private school bus transportation is available for students whose residence in the Mamaroneck School district and who live greater than 2 miles (K-8th grade) or greater than 3 miles (High School) but less than 15 miles from their private school.
Larchmont, NY: Housing
The housing stock in Larchmont are older with 86.5% built before 1940. Most homes are owner occupied with 27.7% rentals.
- 43.9% own 2 cars and 14.1% own 3 or more cars
- 72.3% owner occupied housing and 27.7% renter occupied housing
- 86.5% of homes built before 1940
Larchmont, NY: Metro North Train Commute to NYC
- Larchmont to Grand Central at 34 minutes
Larchmont, NY: Train Station Parking
Larchmont train station annual parking permit is available to Village of Larchmont residents on a first come/first served basis. The fiscal year is from June 1st to May 31st. Parking permit for existing permit holders does not automatically renew. Every year, prior to June 1st, parking permit are resold on a 1st come/first served basis giving new residents a chance to get a permit. The annual parking permit is for Lot 1 which is located on the Connecticut bound side. There are also daily meter parking available in Lot 3 which is in the New York bound side. In order to park in Lot 3, you can either get a Daily meter parking permit which will still require you to pay the $6/day parking fee or a combined parking permit which will allow you to park at Lot 3 without having to pay the daily $6 fee. For more information, please call the Village clerk at 914-834-6230.
Larchmont, NY: Taxes
*Population 20-64 years old, female with children under 18 Years old
Source: 2016 American Community Survey and 2010 Census