Are you thinking of living in Mamaroneck, NY? Mamaroneck, NY is a suburb of New York City with approximately 19,000 people of which only 30.1% commute to New York. Majority of the residents work within Westchester County. Like most NYC suburbs, a majority of households are family households with approximately 26.7% of the population under 19 years old. The median income of $80,099 is significantly lower compared to other neighboring Westchester towns. A majority of the households are dual income income households. Only 29.9% of the households have stay at home moms. It is a diverse community with 22.4% of the population hispanic residents, 5.2% Asians and 7.2% African American.
Mamaroneck, NY: Household Data
- Population approximately 19,000
- Families-67.3% family households with average family size of 3.23
- Kids-26.7% of population 19 years old and under
- Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers- 4.8% under 5 years old
- Median Age 39.9 years old
- White 74.7%, Hispanic 22.4%, Asian 5.2%, African American 7.2%
Mamaroneck, NY: Employment
- 29.9% Stay at Home Moms vs. 70.1% Working Moms *
- Work in Westchester County 56.4%, Work in NY (outside Westchester County) 30.1%, Work outside NY state 7%
- $80,099 Median Household Income
- 21.1% Service Occupations and 22.9% Management, Business and Financial Occupations
Mamaroneck, NY: Schools and Buses
Mamaroneck residents are districted to either Rye Neck Schools or Mamaroneck schools. Rye Neck School District is a smaller district of approximate 1500 students from the City of Rye and Village of Mamaroneck. The Elementary schools are divided into K-2 and Grades 3-5. K-2 Students attend Daniel Warren School and Grades 3-5 students attend F.E. Bellows School. Then students move up to Rye Neck Middle School and Rye Neck High School. Mamaroneck School District is larger with approximately 5,300 students from the Village of Larchmont, Village of Mamaroneck and Town of Mamaroneck. The Elementary schools are Central School, Chatsworth Avenue School, Mamaroneck Avenue School and Murray Avenue School. Then students move up to Hommocks Middle School and Mamaroneck High School.
There is no school bus transportation for students attending Rye Neck School district.
School bus transportation is available for students attending Mamaroneck School district who live more than 2 miles for K-8th grade students and more than 3 miles for High School students. Private school bus transportation is available for students whose residence in the Mamaroneck School district and who live less than 15 miles from their private school.
Mamaroneck, NY: Housing
- 40.6 own 2 cars and 22.4% own 3 or more cars
- 55.1% owner occupied housing and 44.9% renter occupied housing
Mamaroneck, NY: Metro North Train Commute to NYC
- Mamaroneck to Grand Central at 38 minutes
Mamaroneck, NY: Train Station Parking
Mamaroneck annual parking permit is issued on a first come/first served basis. The year starts March 1st-February 28th. Existing parking permit holders will have the chance to renew their permit by mail prior to March 1st and any unsold spots will be available on a first come/first served basis on March 1st. No preference given to Village of Mamaroneck residents versus non-residents. Daily metered parking is available for $0.25/hour but these spaces usually fill up by 7:30am.
Mamaroneck, NY: Taxes
*Population 20-64 years old, female with children under 18 Years old
Source: 2016 American Community Survey and 2010 Census