Le Fat Poodle has a new chef! I am thrilled to welcome Executive Chef Kris Grossmann to Le Fat Poodle (Old Greenwich, CT). He comes with impressive credentials from cooking for the Dalai Lama to working at Michelin star restaurant, “Ente”. He brings a unique sense of style, fun, and enthusiasm to the kitchen. He calls his cooking “honest cooking”.
“To me, it doesn’t matter how much attention you get by media, Gault et Millau, Michelin, ratingsChef Kris Grossmann
etc. so long as you do and be the best you can be, being able to hold your head up high – that is worth more than anything! You can get the best cuisine in a basement restaurant no one ever heard of in New York That’s what I’m about, honest cooking is the path I follow. Chef Oscar Herrera is a tough act to follow, but I think that’s what I’ve found with “Le Fat Poodle” to cook whatever you want no matter from what corner of the world it comes from!”
Chef Kris Grossmann’s Career Highlights:
- Began his chef career at Grand Hotel “Nassauer Hof” belonging to “Leading Hotels of the World” Wiesbaden, Germany – worked at their Michelin star restaurant “Ente”
- Has cooked for celebrities and luminaries alike including Pele, Sting, Paul Simon, German soccer Bundesliga team with Franz Beckenbauer, Klitschko brothers Helmut Kohl & Jacques Chirac to name a few
- Was assigned chef for Dalai Lama during his visit in Germany
- Participated in UNICEF fundraising events
- Cooked for ZDF Sport Studio (major German channel)
- Ran European cooking collaborations at the “Mandarin Oriental”, Geneva Switzerland
- Cooked for executives at the Seat of the European Central Bank, Frankfurt Germany
- Cooked with “Jeunes
- Cooked with Jamie Oliver at an Expo in Munich at his book signing booth
- Won a Grand Marnier pastries competition as a young trainee
You May Also Be Interested In:
Insider’s Guide to Parking at the Greenwich Metro-North Train Station
Interview with Lauren Bush Lauren- on the city, the suburbs and FEED
A Glimpse into Jordan Rhodes’ Greenwich Life
Which Fairfield County Metro-North Train Stations have the Most trains to NYC?
Junior League of Greenwich President Elizabeth Peyton’s Life in Greenwich, CT
5 Best Alaska Cruises for Families
Insider’s Guide to Country Clubs in Greenwich, CT
Stephanie Stellwagen’s Life in Greenwich, CT
Be sure to Follow Us on Instagram, Like Us on Facebook for the latest updates and subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter.