If you’re planning to buy a new home, it’s important to have a home inspection done before you make your purchase. Even if you are waiving the home inspection, it’s still smart to hire a home inspector to conduct a home inspection so you know what you are buying. A home inspection can help you identify any potential issues with the property and ensure that you are making an informed decision about your purchase.
To help you get started, I’ve put together a list of 20 essential questions to ask your home inspector during the home inspection process. These questions will help you identify any potential issues with the property and ensure that you are making an informed decision about your purchase.
20 Questions to Ask Your Home Inspector During the Home Inspection
- How is the roof? How old is it?
- What is the age of the HVAC system?
- Are there any signs of pest infestation?
- Are there any signs of mold?
- How is the foundation?
- Is there a sump pump?
- What is the condition of the chimney?
- Are there any structural issues?
- Are there any issues with the insulation?
- Do you see any drainage issues?
- Are there any signs of water damage?
- Is this house on septic or town sewer? If septic, any issues?
- Are there any issues with the gutter?
- Do I need to replace any appliances soon?
- Are there any issues with the windows?
- Are there any issues with the electrical system?
- What is the condition of the siding?
- Do you have advice on how to maintain X (Fill in the blank)
- When will I get the home inspection report?
- Are there any major repairs that needs to be done? Any red flags?
By asking these questions, you can ensure that you are making an informed decision about your purchase and that you are aware of any potential issues with the property. Remember, a home inspection is an important part of the home buying process, so don’t skip it!
Home Inspection Checklist: Free Printable
Below is a free home inspection checklist that you can download, print and bring it with you to the home inspection.
Please feel free to share this printable with your friends and family, and don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest so others can find it too!
This printable is for personal use only and not for commercial use. You may print as many copies as you like, but you may not sell or distribute this printable or any copies of it. All rights reserved.
Learn from my mistakes, check out my article: Mistakes Home Buyers Make during the Home Inspection