The Greenwich Wine + Food Festival returns for its ninth year in Greenwich, CT. It is a multi-day event celebrating the area’s rich culinary landscape and showcasing innovation in the food and beverage industries. This year, Martha Stewart will be honored at the festival’s opening night event.
“The addition of Martha Stewart, a name synonymous with cooking, entertaining and all things lifestyle-related, truly rounds out our list of honorees this year,” said Suni Unger, founder and CEO of Unger Media, the parent company behind Greenwich Wine + Food and Serendipity magazine, “We are honored to be able to recognize her contributions to not only the culinary industry, but also her philanthropic work over her career.”
When: September 20-21, 2019
Where: Roger Sherman Baldwin Park in Greenwich, Connecticut
What: The annual event includes an Opening Night Master Chef Wine Gala on Friday, September 20 and a full day of food, drinks, music and fun on Saturday, September 21 on the shore of the Long Island Sound at Roger Sherman Baldwin Park in Greenwich, Connecticut.
The Details: The Opening Night Master Chef Wine Gala on 9/20 will showcase the culinary and music scene of New Orleans. The evening, hosted by Gary Dell’Abate (Executive Producer of The Howard Stern Show “Baba Booey”) and Rob Burnett (Five-time Emmy Award-Winning Writer- Director), will honor this year’s class of Serendipity Most Innovative Chefs and feature their cuisine, , as well as select Ambassador Chefs (see list of chefs below). The evening will include performances from GRAMMY award-winning Rebirth Brass Band and Kermit Ruffins & The Barbecue Swingers.
This year’s class of Serendipity Most Innovative Chefs includes:
- Pasquale Abbatiello (Southern Table, Pleasantville, NY)
- Matt Aita (Little Beet, Greenwich, CT and New York, NY)
- Aaron Bautista (F.I.S.H Restaurant, Stamford, CT)
- Evans Corrales (Restaurant at Rowayton Seafood, Rowayton, CT)
- David Guimaraes (Milestone Restaurant, Redding, CT)
- Emily Migrone (Tavern on State, New Haven, CT)
- Brian Sernatinger (Único, Hartsdale, NY)
- Jeff Taibe (Taproot, Bethel, CT)
Festival Ambassador Chefs participating in Friday evening’s intimate event include:
- Zac Campion (Bailey’s Backyard, Ridgefield, CT)
- Rui Correia (Douro, Greenwich, CT)
- Lisa Maronian (Sweet Lisa’s Exquisite Cakes, Cos Cob, CT)
- Nick Martschenko (South End, New Canaan, CT)
- Deb Ponzek (Aux Delices, Darien, Greenwich and Riverside, CT)
- Robin Selden (Marcia Selden Catering, Stamford, CT)
- Matt Storch (Match, Norwalk, CT and Match Burger Lobster, Westport, CT)
- Bill Taibe (Jesup Hall, Kawa-Ni and The Whelk, Westport, CT)
In addition to this local talent, Martha Stewart will be honored at the festival’s opening night event.
This year’s Most Innovative Chefs, as well as Stewart, will be honored at the festival’s opening event, the Opening Night Gala presents “The Big Easy” honoring Martha Stewart, on Friday, September 20. The evening, hosted by Gary Dell’Abate (Executive Producer of The Howard SternShow, “Baba Booey”) and Rob Burnett (five-time Emmy Award-Winning Writer- Director), will showcase the culinary and music scene of New Orleans, featuring the cuisine of this year’s talented chefs, as well as a number of Festival Ambassador Chefs. The evening will include performances from GRAMMY award-winning Rebirth Brass Band and Kermit Ruffins & The Barbecue Swingers.
The Culinary Village, the heart of the annual event on 9/21, features the Grand Tasting Tent, where guests can enjoy tastings and demonstrations from more than 150 of the area’s finest food, wine and spirits experts, as well as areas devoted to the best in burgers, BBQ, tacos and more. The 8th Annual Burger Battle and 6th Annual Top Bartender Showdown will also return, providing friendly competition between area restaurants and bars. Guests will experience sommelier, mixologist and brew master presentations, celebrity book signings, cooking demos with Special Guest Chefs, a celebrity green room with live interviews, an exclusive Meet the Masters panel discussion, The Tailgate Party with The Ultimate Taco, Burgers & Beers, and Grill Masters & BBQ. VIP ticket holders will also be treated to an exceptional dinner, prepared by Festival Ambassador Chefs in a special waterside tented area.
Ambassador Chefs participating in Saturday evening’s VIP Dinner include:
- Susanne Berne (Bianco Rosso, Trumbull and Wilton, CT)
- Jes Bengtson (Terrain, Westport, CT)
- Arturo Franco-Camacho (Shell & Bones Oyster Bar and Grill, New Haven, CT)
- Julio Genero (Prime, Stamford, CT)
- Joseph Giordarno (Gabriele’s, Greenwich, CT)
- Stavros Karipides (Famous Greek Kitchen, Greenwich, CT)
- Geoff Lazlo (Geoff Lazlo Food, CT)
- Stephen Lewandowski (Harlan Social, Stamford, CT, Harlan Publick, Norwalk, CT and Harlan Haus, Bridgeport, CT)
- Brian Lewis (OKO, Westport, CT and Rye, NY, The Cottage, Westport, CT)
- Nadia Ramsey (Meli-Melo Catering, Greenwich, CT)
- Armando Sanchez (Washington Prime, Norwalk, CT)
- Brad Stewart (Flinder’s Lane, Stamford, CT)
- Ian Vest (Back 40 Kitchen, Greenwich, CT)
- David White (Bianco Rosso, Trumbull and Wilton, CT)
Confirmed celebrity talent includes Emmy Award-winner Valerie Bertinelli (Food Network’s Valerie’s Home Cooking), Geoffrey Zakarian (Chef/Partner The Lambs Club at The Chatwal and Point Royal at The Diplomat Beach Resort, Co-Host of Food Network’s The Kitchen and Judge on Chopped), Margaret Zakarian (President of Zakarian Hospitality), Marc Murphy (Food Network’s Chopped), David Burtka (Life is a Party cookbook), Jessica Tom (Food Network Star season 14 winner), David Rose (Food Network Star season 13 finalist) and caterer to the stars Mary Giuliani (Mary Giuliani Catering & Events). Michael Franti & Spearhead and Little Big Town will close out the 2019 event with live musical performances on the Pepsi stage.
As always, one aspect that makes this festival unique is that proceeds benefit local and national charities; this year’s beneficiaries include Food Rescue US, a non-profit organization based in Connecticut, that is a leader in reducing both hunger and food waste in America, and the Town of Greenwich Parks & Recreation Foundation.
Tickets for the event are available via www.greenwichwineandfood.com or by calling 203.588.1363. Ticket options include the All Weekend Pass ($700), Friday’s Opening Night Gala ($275), Saturday All Day Pass ($200) and Saturday VIP Pass ($500). On-Stage and Lawn Dinner Tables are sold out, but to be added to the waitlist, please call 203-588-1363.
The Festival weekend will be held rain or shine, and anyone under 21, including infants or children in strollers, will not be admitted. Pets are also not permitted.
ABOUT GREENWICH WINE + FOOD
Greenwich Wine + Food celebrates community, charity, food, beverage and more in the Connecticut and New York area with multiple events throughout the year, including the Greenwich Wine + Food Festival presented by PepsiCo, the GWFGolf Classic presented by Pure Leaf, and theGWFFun Run presented by Aquafina. 2019 beneficiaries include Food Rescue US and the Town of Greenwich Parks & Recreation Foundation. Greenwich Wine + Food is a part of Unger Media. For more information, visit www.greenwichwineandfood.com.
You may also be interested in:
About Suburbs 101
Suburbs 101 is an online lifestyle guide for the New York Suburbs of Westchester County, Long Island, Fairfield County and Northern New Jersey. Get the inside scoop on what it’s really like to live in the New York suburbs through our weekly interviews with local suburbanites and features on Food, Fashion, Home, Travel, and Local Events. Be sure to Follow Us on Instagram, Like Us on Facebook and subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter.