Be the first to experience Legoland New York resort! LEGOLAND® New York Resort is open for previews beginning May 29, 2021, welcoming devoted fans to share in the next step in the theme park’s much-anticipated opening this summer. During this stage of LEGOLAND New York’s phased opening, Annual Pass and single-day ticket holders will be able to enjoy six of the Resort’s seven themed lands: Brick Street, Bricktopia, LEGO® City, LEGO® Castle, LEGO® NINJAGO® World and MINILAND. The final land, LEGO® Pirates, will open later this summer, as will LEGOLAND® Hotel.
Annual pass holders will be able to reserve a day to visit beginning May 19. Reservations will open for all other guests 48 hours later on May 21.
Located just 60 miles north of New York City in the Hudson Valley, LEGOLAND New York Resort is opening in phases, gradually increasing capacity in order to encourage social distancing. The Park welcomed First to Play Pass Holders earlier in May and is now welcoming all guests during the preview period with single-day tickets being sold at a reduced price of $49.99.
“As the first theme park to open in the Northeast in decades, this preview period is our chance to welcome families who have been patiently waiting, giving them a chance to experience LEGOLAND New York in its final stages of completion,” said LEGOLAND New York Resort Divisional Director Stephanie Johnson. “After the challenges of the past year, we know families are eager to get out, ride, build, play, learn and spend time together. Through our phased opening approach, we’re able to safely welcome as many families as possible while prioritizing the health and safety of our guests and Model Citizens (staff).”
Pass and ticket holders will experience the world-premiere LEGO® Factory Adventure Ride, joining madcap Professor Brick in his fantastical LEGO® factory where they’ll shrink down to miniature size and witness the colorful creation process of a LEGO brick. At the culmination of the journey, riders will be part of the Professor’s latest experiment and may see themselves transformed into LEGO Minifigures!
Young ones can also expand their imaginations and earn their very own LEGOLAND® Driver’s License at Driving School, team up to save the day at Fire Rescue Academy, patrol the Wharf at Coast Guard Academy and catch blockbusters in 4D at Palace Cinema.
More information about the final phase of the Resort’s opening, including the 250-room LEGOLAND Hotel, will be released in the coming weeks.
How to Reserve Your Legoland New York Preview Visit
To reserve dates for the Legoland New York preview period, guests can visit LEGOLAND New York Resort’s online reservation system, Legoland Booking Portal. During our preview period, guests will be able to reserve only one date at a time on a first-come, first-served basis to ensure all pass and ticket holders receive the opportunity to visit the Park while complying with state and local guidelines.
Covid-19 Health and Safety at Legoland New York
The health and safety of guests and staff is paramount for LEGOLAND New York Resort. Below you will find Legoland New York’s Covid-19 Health and Safety Measures:
- You and members of your party WILL NOT be admitted to the park if you have
- Cough, fever ( 100.4 degrees or above), difficulty breathing, or new loss of taste or smell
- Been in close contact with a person known or suspected of having COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- Tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- Cashless: Please be ready to pay for items at the Resort with a contactless bank card or Apple Pay rather than cash.
- Social Distancing: You’ll find empty rows and/or empty seats in ride vehicles
- Dining Safety Measures: distanced seating layouts, changes to food services and enhanced cleaning procedures. Face coverings can only be removed while actively eating or drinking, and only while seated at designated dining locations.
- Indoor Reduced Capacity: Reduced capacity for our indoor experiences and facilities like shops, restaurants, theaters and Guest Services.
- Masks: As we continue our efforts to align with CDC and New York State guidance, beginning Saturday, May 22, LEGOLAND® New York Resort guests who are fully vaccinated will only be required to wear face masks while indoors – both retail and food and beverage locations (while not seated) – as well as on all rides, ride queues and indoor attractions. Of course, all guests are free to continue to wear masks in any location if they choose to do so. We will rely on our guests to follow the guidelines accurately based on their vaccination status. Face coverings are still required for LEGOLAND New York Resort employees.
- Temperature Check: All guests will participate in non-invasive forehead temperature checks as a condition of entry.
- Hand Sanitizers: There are now a large number of hand sanitizer dispensers around the Resort for your convenience and safety
Visit Legoland New York’s website for the most up to date information on LEGOLAND New York Resort’s health and safety protocols.
Legoland New York Driving Distance from the New York Suburbs
LEGOLAND New York Resort is located just outside New York City in Hudson Valley’s Goshen, NY. It is an easy drive from the New York suburbs. Below you will find the distance between LEGOLAND New York to various NYC and New York suburbs locations.
- LEGOLAND New York to Scarsdale, NY in Westchester County is approximately 55 minutes away.
- LEGOLAND New York to Greenwich, CT in Connecticut’s Fairfield County is approximately 1 hour and 2 minutes away.
- LEGOLAND New York to Englewood, NJ in Northern New Jersey’s Bergen County is approximately 53 minutes away.
- LEGOLAND New York to Midtown Manhattan is approximately 1 hour and 8 minutes away.
About Legoland New York
Situated on more than 150 acres in New York’s beautiful Hudson Valley, LEGOLAND New York will feature seven themed lands and will be open seasonally, typically from early spring through late fall. Kids ages 2-12 and their families can explore signature LEGOLAND rides like The Dragon, the iconic roller coaster that twists and turns past the red dragon and into the skies above, as well as LEGO® NINJAGO® The Ride – an interactive, animated experience where youngsters train side by side with Master Wu to save the World of NINJAGO®. After a year of reduced travel, families can even embark on a nationwide tour of MINILAND’s ten LEGO cities, comprised of more than 22 million LEGO bricks.
LEGOLAND® Hotel will welcome guests year-round with four bricktastic LEGO themes: LEGO Pirates, LEGO Kingdoms, LEGO® Friends and LEGO® NINJAGO®. For more information about LEGOLAND New York Resort, visit our website or follow us on Facebook.
You May Also Be Interested In:
Westchester Farmers Market Guide
Complete Guide to Hosting a Virtual Roblox Birthday Party
Guide to Westchester County Bicycle Sundays
Need a Local Real Estate Agent?
Suburbs 101 has a free service to connect you with local real estate agents. Check it out!
About Suburbs 101
Suburbs 101 is an online lifestyle guide for the New York Suburbs of Westchester County, Long Island, Fairfield County and Northern New Jersey. Get the inside scoop on what it’s really like to live in the New York suburbs through our interviews with local suburbanites and features on Food, Fashion, Home, Travel, and Local Events. Be sure to Follow Us on Instagram, Like Us on Facebook and subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter.