Are you thinking of living in Bronxville, NY? Bronxville, NY is a village in Westchester County with a population of approximately 6,300 people. It is located approximately 15 miles from midtown Manhattan or a 31 minutes train ride via Metro-North train. It is a small village of 1 square mile. A majority of households are family households with approximately 33% of the population under 19 years old. It is an affluent suburb of New York City with a median income of $203,036 and 71% of residents are white-collar workers in finance, business or management field. The majority of the households are dual-income households with only 38.7% stay at home moms. Below you will find useful information if you are thinking of living in Bronxville, NY.
Household Stats for Bronxville, NY
- Population of approximately 6,300
- Families-71.2% family households with an average family size of 3.30
- Kids-31.2% of the population under 19 years old
- Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers- 4.7% under 5 years old
- Median Age 41.5 years old
- White 90%, Hispanic 2.7%, Asian 5.5%, African American 0.8%
Employment Stats for Bronxville, NY
- 38.7% Stay at Home Moms vs. 61.3% Working Moms *
- Work in Westchester County 34.3%, Work in NY (outside Westchester County) 60.5%, Work outside NY state 8%
- $203,036 Median Household Income
- 71% Management, Business and Financial Occupations
Schools and School Buses for Bronxville, NY
Bronxville residents attend the Bronxville Union Free School district. The Elementary, Middle School and High School are all housed in the same building. Since Bronxville is only 1 square mile, there is no school bus transportation for the entire district.
Housing Stats for Bronxville, NY
- 39.3 own 2 cars, 14.4% own 3 or more cars
- 83.9% owner-occupied housing and 16.1% rentals
- 88.3% of housing were built before 1940
Metro-North Train Commute to NYC from Bronxville, NY
- Metro-North train from Bronxville to Grand Central is approximately 31 minutes
Metro-North Train Station Parking in Bronxville NY
Bronxville Commuter permits are issued on a first-come/first-served basis. The year starts October 1st-September 30th. Existing Commuter parking permit holders will have to renew prior to September 30th to keep their permit. After that, permits are sold on a first-come/first-served basis. Daily metered parking are also available for residents with Resident Parking permit.
Interviews with Bronxville Residents
Bronxville, NY Taxes
*Population 20-64 years old, female with children under 18 Years old
Source: 2016 American Community Survey and 2010 Census
You may also be interested in:
About Suburbs 101
Suburbs 101 is an online lifestyle guide for the New York Suburbs of Westchester County, Long Island, Fairfield County and Northern New Jersey. Get the inside scoop on what it’s really like to live in the New York suburbs through our interviews with local suburbanites and features on Food, Fashion, Home, Travel, and Local Events. Be sure to Follow Us on Instagram, Like Us on Facebook and subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter.