Are you thinking of living in Weston, CT? Weston, CT is located in Fairfield County, a suburb of New York City with approximately 10,369 people. Most residents work in Fairfield County with only 18.7% of residents commuting outside of Connecticut for work. Like most NYC suburbs, a majority of households are family households with approximately 30.8% of the population under 18 years old. Median Income of $219,868. Below you will find useful information on living in Weston, CT.
Westport and Weston
Weston and Westport residents share a lot of resources. In a way, Westport is Weston’s downtown. Since Weston does not have its own village shopping district, Weston residents take the 15-minute drive to Westport, CT for shopping, dining and entertainment. And since Weston is not on the coast, Weston residents can get beach passes for Westport’s Compo Beach.
Household Stats for Weston, CT
- Population of approximately 10,369
- Kids-30.8% of the population under 18 years old
- Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers- 4.6% under 5 years old
- Median Age 45.2 years old
- White 92.5%, Asian 3%, African American 0.3%
- 39.9% Bachelor’s Degree and 43.4% Graduate or Professional Degree
- 50% own 2 cars, 41.9% own 3 or more cars
Employment Stats for Weston, CT
- 25.7% Stay at Home Moms vs. 74.3% Working Moms *
- Work in Fairfield County 78.7%, Work outside CT 18.7%
- $219,868 Median Household Income
Schools in Weston, CT
Weston Public School has 1 elementary school, 1 middle school and 1 High School. Weston Public School is a top ranking school in Connecticut. According to Niche.com 2020 ranking, Weston School District is ranked #6 in Connecticut.
Elementary Schools: Hurlbutt Elementary School (PK-2) and Weston Intermediate School (Grades 3-5)
Middle Schools: Weston Middle School
High Schools: Weston High School
School Bus Transportation in Weston, CT
Bus transportation is provided for in-district students who meet the following criteria:
- Elementary students K-5 living more than 0.25 mile from school
- Middle school students and High School Students living more than 0.5 miles from school
- Exceptions made for students who are unable to walk to school due to physical conditions or health reasons or if there exist “hazardous conditions”. Exceptions are subject to an annual review for continuation.
Metro-North Train Commute to NYC from Weston, CT
Weston does not have its own Metro-North train station. Most residents drive to Westport Metro-North train station.
- Westport to Grand Central is approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 26 minutes
Metro-North Train Station Parking in Westport, CT
Parking Permit: There is a waitlist for the monthly parking permit at the Westport Metro-North train station. You can add your name to the waitlist online.
Daily Parking: Daily parking is available at both stations for $5 per day. Parking is free of charge from 3pm-7am and on weekends and holidays.
You may also be interested in: How long are the Waitlists for Metro-North Train station parking in Fairfield County, Connecticut?
Interviews with Weston Residents
Weston, CT Taxes
*Population 20-64 years old, female with children under 18 Years old
Source: 2017 American Community Survey
You may also be interested in:
About Suburbs 101
Suburbs 101 is an online lifestyle guide for the New York Suburbs of Westchester County, Long Island, Fairfield County and Northern New Jersey. Get the inside scoop on what it’s really like to live in the New York suburbs through our interviews with local suburbanites and features on Food, Fashion, Home, Travel, and Local Events. Be sure to Follow Us on Instagram, Like Us on Facebook and subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter.