Are you thinking of living in Harrison, NY? Harrison, NY is a town in Westchester County with a population of approximately 27,000 people. It is located approximately 38 minutes from Grand Central Terminal in New York via Metro-North Train. A majority of households are family households with approximately 30.5% of the population under 19 years old. The median income is $107,344 with 58% dual-income households. Below you will find useful information if you are thinking of living in Harrison, NY.
Household Stats for Harrison, NY
- Population of approximately 27,000
- Families-74.3% family households with an average family size of 3.24
- Kids-30.5% of the population under 18 years old
- Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers- 3.9% under 5 years old
- Median Age 35.3 years old
- White 80.7%, Hispanic 12.8%, Asian 7.6%, African American 4.5%
Employment Stats for Harrison, NY
- 42% Stay at Home Moms vs. 58% Working Moms *
- Work in Westchester County 56.4%, Work in NY (outside Westchester County) 37.4%, Work outside NY state 6.2%
- $107,344 Median Household Income
- 25.7% Sales and office occupations, 24.5% Management, Business and Financial Occupations
Schools and School Buses in Harrison, NY
- Harrison Central district school
- Elementary School: SJ Preston Elementary school, Purchase Elementary School, Parson Memorial Elementary school, Harrison Avenue Elementary School
- Middle School: Louis M. Klein Middle School
- High School: Harrison High School
- School Bus Transportation
- School bus transportation is available for all Harrison Central District schools. Elementary school students who live more than 1/2 mile and Middle School/High School students who live more than 1 mile are eligible for the school bus.
- Transportation to private schools are provided to Elementary school students who live more than 1/2 mile and Middle School/High School students who live more than 1 mile from their school up to 15 miles. Applications for private school transportation must be received by April 1st.
Preschools and Daycare Programs in Harrison, NY
Housing Stats for Harrison, NY
- 39.6% own 2 cars and 22% own 3 or more cars
- 65.3% owner-occupied housing and 34.7% rentals
Metro-North Train Commute to NYC from Harrison, NY
- Metro-North Train from Harrison to Grand Central is approximately 38 minutes
Metro-North Train Station Parking in Harrison, NY
Harrison train station parking permit is available only to Town/Village of Harrison residents. Check out our Guide to Metro-North Train Station Parking in Harrison, NY.
Harrison, NY Taxes
*Population 20-64 years old, female with children under 18 Years old
Source: 2016 American Community Survey and 2010 Census. Data for Town of Harrison which includes Purchase.
You may also be interested in:
About Suburbs 101
Suburbs 101 is an online lifestyle guide for the New York Suburbs of Westchester County, Long Island, Fairfield County and Northern New Jersey. Get the inside scoop on what it’s really like to live in the New York suburbs through our interviews with local suburbanites and features on Food, Fashion, Home, Travel, and Local Events. Be sure to Follow Us on Instagram, Like Us on Facebook and subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter.